Join as a Referral Member
Membership is open to individuals referred by a specific member, former staff of the affiliated organizations, member’s spouse and children who are of legal age, any other individual referred by an active member. (Refer to AMREF SACCO By-Laws)
Application process as a referral member is as follows:
- Complete the Referral Membership Form (download here)
- Complete sections B, C, D & E and attach a copy of your ID, KRA Pin and either of the following:
- Employment contract/appointment letter or
- business registration certificate or
- a canceled cheque or
- a letter from your Kenyan Bank confirming that you are an account holder with them.
- Submit form for approval with all fields filled and relevant documents attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pay Ksh. 2,000 entrance fee which is deducted from the initial member deposit contribution.
- Pay the minimum share capital of Ksh 10,000 (payable in a maximum of 5 installments of Ksh. 2,000).
- Pay a minimum of Ksh. 2,000 every month toward the member deposit account.
- Member qualifies for loans after 6 months of membership.
- Membership withdrawal – 60 days written notice is required. An exit fee of Ksh 2,000 will be charged.
- Last expense cover for all active members. Ksh 100,000 funeral costs is payable to nominated next of kin upon a member’s demise.