Join as a Referral Member
Referral membership is open to individuals referred by an active member, including a member’s spouse, children who are of legal age, other family members, friends and any other individual referred by the active member. (Refer to AMREF SACCO REGISTRED By-Laws
Application process as a referral member is as follows:
- Complete the Referral Membership Form (download here)
- Complete sections B, C, D & E and attach a copy of your ID, KRA Pin certificate and either of the following:
- Employment contract/appointment letter or
- business registration certificate or
- a canceled cheque or
- a letter from your Kenyan Bank confirming that you are an account holder with them.
- Submit form for approval with all fields filled and relevant documents attached to firstname.lastname@example.org
Membership, Benefits and Conditions
- Pay Ksh. 2,000 entrance fee which is deducted from the initial member deposit contribution.
- Pay the minimum share capital of Ksh 15,000 (payable in a maximum of 15 installments of Ksh. 2,000).
- Pay a minimum of Ksh. 2,000 every month toward the member deposit account.
- Member qualifies for loans after 6 months of membership.
- Membership withdrawal – 60 days written notice is required. An exit fee of Ksh 2,000 will be charged.
- FREE last expense cover for all active members. Ksh 150,000 funeral costs is payable to nominated next of kin upon a member’s demise.
- FREE deposit cover for all active members. Upon the member’s demise, beneficiaries will receive an additional deposit amount equivalent to what the member had saved. The maximum top-up is Ksh 3 million.